Providing Emergency Eye Care Services in McDonough, GA
At Elevated Eyecare, we provide urgent eye care services to patients who need immediate attention. Don’t assess the severity of an eye emergency such as an eye injury on your own, rather call an eye doctor immediately so you can reduce the risk of further damaging your vision.
Contact our McDonough office at 770-790-4145. However, if you feel your vision issue is urgent, use your discretion and visit the nearest emergency treatment center.
Guard Your Vision: The Power of Eye Injury Prevention and Safety Eyewear
The video below emphasizes the importance of protective eyewear and how it can shield your eyes from hazards in the home and workplace.
Symptoms that require emergency service include, but are not limited to:
- Sudden loss of vision
- Sudden double vision
- Sudden red/painful eye
- Pink Eye
- New onset flashes and/or floaters
- Foreign body in the eye (especially metal or chemicals)
- New or worsening swelling or pain after eye surgery
Avoid the following while waiting for professional medical assistance:
- Do NOT press the injured eye or rub the eye(s)
- Do NOT remove a foreign object lodged in the cornea or any other part of the eye
- Do NOT use sharp instruments (eg, tweezers) or dry cotton on the eye
Please call our office in McDonough at 770-790-4145 for more information. We’re eager to help!